A student died after being pierced by a pole rod



January 31, 2024 1:14 pm

Simara: A student died on Wednesday due to the negligence of the regional office of Nepal Oil Corporation at Amlekhgunj in Bara. Lucky Gole, the 11-year-old son of Lalit Gole of Jeetpusimara sub-metropolitan 21, died on the spot after being pierced by a pole rod placed by the office for electrification.

Gole, who had left home for school, was pierced by a rod placed on a pole to make a ladder in front of the corporation’s office. Eyewitnesses said that Gole’s head was pierced by a rod and he died on the spot.

Gole was studying in Class 5 at Holy Garden English School, Jeetpursimara 1 Pathlaiya. He was going to the parking area in front of the oil corporation wearing school uniform. His mother Bimala Gole was running a tea and snack shop at the parking area. Gole used to board a bus for school from the parking area. Gole, who was walking towards the parking area as usual, died after being pierced by a pole rod placed in the road box.

The oil corporation had placed the pole about three years ago for electrification from the office to the staff residence. A ladder was made by placing a rod to climb the pole. The incident happened when the office failed to remove the rod after the electrification work was completed.

Locals of Amlekhgunj expressed their anger saying that the child lost his life due to extreme carelessness of Oil Corporation. Jeetpursimara 21 ward president Subhas Shrestha said that the child died due to the corporation’s negligence and said that the corporation should take responsibility for the incident. Ward president Shrestha has also said that the corporation should compensate the victim’s family appropriately.

Gole’s body has been sent to Narayani Hospital in Birgunj for post-mortem.