Nijgadh: One more person died in a suspicious explosion incident in a garage



February 27, 2024 5:24 pm

Simara: The death toll has risen to two in a suspected explosion at a vehicle repair factory (garage) at Nijgadh 7 in Bara on Monday. An Indian citizen, who was seriously injured in the blast, died during treatment at the Vayodha Hospital.

Bara police spokesperson Dadhiram Neupane has informed that the deceased is 35-year-old Rakesh Jaiswal from India. He was also operated on his leg which was injured in the explosion.

With the death of Jaiswal, the death toll in the incident has reached two. Earlier, 45-year-old Resham Magar, director of Rohit Workshop Garage, died. Magar was seriously injured when an explosion occurred while cutting something that looked like iron in the lathe.

Four others were injured in the incident. Two of the injured are in serious condition. The seriously injured are 20-year-old Ritu Rajat of Birgunj 9 and 20-year-old Arbin Shah of Bharat Ramghadhawa. They are being treated at Vayodha hospital. Firod Dewan of Birgunj 9 and Surya Bahadur Thapa of Nijgadh 5 sustained minor injuries in the incident.

In the incident that took place at Rohit Workshop located in Nijgadh 7, the object of explosion has not been identified. Even the police, who had earlier reported that the cylinder had burst, corrected their information and said it was a suspicious object.

A piece of iron was found at the scene. The police are preparing to send the piece for lab testing. Superintendent of Police, Bara, Suresh Kafle, said that the explosion is now suspicious and can be said only after lab tests.

The police have arrested some people including a Junk dealer to investigate the incident. The Junk dealer took the item to the garage for cutting. The junk dealer said that there was copper inside the object which looked like iron and asked the garage operator to cut it with a lathe machine after paying one hundred rupees.

Superintendent of Police Kafle said that an investigation is being conducted as to where the Junk dealer brought the explosives. The junk dealer who fled after the incident was arrested and detained by the police.